Pickled Veggies and Tofu Noodle Bowl
This oil-free, vegan, easy-to-make noodle bowl is a great way to give your gut health a boost.
Why You Need to Eat Pickled Food
Pickled and fermented foods are probiotics. Probiotics are conducive to achieving optimal gut bacteria balance.
Optimal gut health improves mental health. It is also helpful in those suffering from gastrointestinal health conditions and autoimmune inflammatory issues.
Other Sources of fermented foods for optimal gut health include sauerkraut, kimchi, tempeh and fermented vegetables.
This healthy and tasty bowl is easy to make and so refreshing and healthy.
For the Pickled Veggies
- 1/2 cucumber (sliced thinly)
- 1 carrot (cut into matchsticks)
- 1/2 cup vinegar ((brown rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar is best but it will work with any vinegar))
- 2 tbsps lime juice
- 2 tbsps pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsps soy sauce ((low sodium is best but regular works))
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 240 grams soba noodles ((or brown rice noodles))
- 120 grams kale ((remove stems and slice thinly))
- 1/2 yellow onion (diced)
- 360 grams tofu ((silken or firm tofu both works well))
- 300 grams frozen peas
- 1/2 cup Chopped Basil ((optional))
- In a small bowl, combine cucumbers, carrots, vinegar, lime juice, maple syrup, soya sauce, sriracha pepper flakes. Mix well and chill in the fridge until ready to use.
- Cook Soba or chosen noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
Kale & Onions
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook kale and onions, stirring for 2 minutes. Add water a tablespoon at a time to keep vegetables from sticking.
Tofu & Peas
- Add cubed tofu and peas to kale and onion mixture and cook until heated through, about 2 or 3 minutes.
Assemble & Serve
- Divide the noodles among the serving bowls. Top with kale and tofu mixture. Spoon the pickled cucumbers over the top and drizzle with liquid. Top with Basil if desired and serve.
- Calories: 578
- Sugar: 16
- Sodium: 1033
- Fat: 1
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 117
- Fiber: 7
- Protein: 30