This is a great standby to have on rotation and so veggie dense!
- 500 grams Potatoes (cut into a large dice)
- 450 grams Cauliflower Florets (use fresh or frozen, as desired)
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 yellow onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3 tbsps nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp tumeric
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
Vegetables with Rice
- 300 grams broccoli florets ((4 cups/two pints))
- 240 grams mushrooms (sliced (3 cups/1.5 pints))
- 4 large carrots (sliced (2 cups))
- 1/4 cups sliced almonds ((to garnish, optional))
- 2 cups brown rice (6 cups cooked (or 2 microwave rice packets to save time))
- I like to use microwave rice on nights when I'm in a hurry.
- Prepare rice according to the package instructions. The cooking time and water/rice ratio will vary depending on the type of brown rice you use.
- Combine all the veggies, stock, and garlic in a pot over high heat.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until tender, approx 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it cool for a few minutes with the lid on. Do not drain water.
- Add plant milk, nutritional yeast and turmeric.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Using a blender or a stick/immersion blender, blend veggies and water to make the cheez sauce. You may need to do this step in batches.
- Check seasoning and adjust according to taste.
- Add broccoli, mushrooms and carrots in a medium-sized pot. Steam with about an inch of water at that bottom over medium heat until tender – approximately 5-6 minutes.
- Add cooked rice to the bottom of four serving bowls.
- Top with steamed veggies and cheezy sauce.
- Garnish with sliced almonds.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Prep Time:15 minutes
- Cook Time:15 minutes
- Category:Main Course
- Calories: 630
- Sugar: 11
- Sodium: 593
- Fat: 11
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 119
- Fiber: 15
- Protein: 20
Keywords: easy vegan dinner recipe, easy vegan dinners, easy vegan dinner recipes, easy vegan dinner recipes, easy vegan dinner recipe, easy vegan recipe lunch, easy vegan dinner idea, easy vegan lunch recipe