This Blueberry Chia Seed Pudding is tasty and packed with nutrients to keep your bones healthy!
Bone Benefits of Chia Seeds
Chia seeds are an excellent source of several essential nutrients for bone health, including calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus. Calcium is the primary mineral that makes up bones, and adequate calcium intake is crucial for maintaining bone strength and preventing osteoporosis.
In addition to calcium, chia seeds also contain magnesium, which is necessary for the proper absorption and utilization of calcium in the body. Magnesium also plays a crucial role in maintaining strong bones and preventing osteoporosis.
Phosphorus is another mineral found in chia seeds that is important for bone health. It works together with calcium to strengthen bones and prevent bone loss.
Chia seeds are also a good source of plant-based protein necessary for building and repairing bone tissue!
This overall combination of calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, and protein in chia seeds makes them an excellent food for promoting and maintaining robust bone health!
Vegan Foods that Are Good for Bone Health
Maintaining good bone health is vital for everyone, including vegans. Here are ten vegan foods that are great for bone health:
- Tofu: Made from soybeans, tofu is an excellent calcium source, often fortified with vitamin D.
- Almonds: Almonds are rich in calcium, magnesium, and other bone-healthy nutrients.
- Fortified plant milk: Many plant-based kinds of milk are fortified with calcium and vitamin D.
- Leafy greens: Kale, collard greens, bok choy, and other dark leafy greens are packed with calcium and other critical bone-building nutrients.
- Chia seeds: Chia seeds are an important source of calcium, magnesium, and other minerals essential for bone health.
- Tempeh: Made from fermented soybeans, tempeh is a good source of calcium and other bone-healthy nutrients.
- Broccoli: Broccoli is a good source of calcium, vitamin C, and other essential nutrients for bone health.
- Seaweed: Seaweed is a good source of calcium, magnesium, and other minerals essential for bone health.
- Oranges and other fruit are excellent vitamin C sources, vital for collagen production and bone health.
It’s also essential to engage in weight-bearing exercise, avoid smoking and excessive alcohol consumption, and get enough vitamin D from sun exposure or supplements to maintain good bone health.Print
Keto Blueberry Chia Seed Pudding
43 g (1/4 cup) of chia seeds
250 ml (1 cup) unsweetened almond milk
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
5–6 drops of liquid stevia (for non-keto, substitute two teaspoons maple syrup)
1/4 tsp Ceylon cinnamon (optional)
40 grams (1/4 cup) blueberries
In a mixing bowl, combine chia seeds, almond milk, vanilla extract, sweetener, and cinnamon (if using).
Stir well until all the ingredients are well combined. Pour into a glass dish or bowl. Cover and place it in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour (I prefer overnight). Top with fresh berries, serve and enjoy!
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment