This chilli is one of my go-to fast and easy vegan dinners. I’ve been making it for years, and everyone always loves it. This is of those great easy vegan dinner recipes that are both nutritious and delicious. It’s so easy that it’s a great recipe to go to when you don’t feel like cooking.
This simple yet ever so tasty vegan dinner is one of those recipes that taste even better the next day. This is why I would highly recommend it as one of your vegan meal prep ideas. I’ve used black peas and chickpeas here, but you can absolutely substitute any other pulses you have to hand in your pantry.
My easy vegan dinner recipes are great to use for your wholefood vegan meal prep.
Double the recipe, and you’ve got some yummy lunches stocked up and ready to go. Another bonus to this easy vegan chilli recipe is that it is a very economical meal to make. Most of the ingredients you probably already have in your fridge or pantry. I would always recommend keeping cans of legumes in your pantry because they are so versatile and nutritious.
This easy vegan recipe idea is also great to serve when entertaining because it’s easy to make in advance. After all, who doesn’t like chilli?
Of course, chilli is always better with yummy toppings. My personal favourites are guacamole, vegan cheese, coriander and finely diced red onions. If you want to, you can serve this Chili on its own or with garlic bread. It’s delicious served over a jacket potato or rice and try adding a green salad on the side to boost your nutrient intake. Try my Easy Peasy Spinach Salad here.
I hope you enjoy my easy vegan dinner idea.
p.s. If you’re looking for another great vegan meal prep idea, check out my Tasty Thai Tofu Salad here.
If you want to learn how to lose weight and have your own personal online coach and PT, check out my private coaching packages here.
Easy Vegan Dinner – Black Bean Chilli
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 people 1x
This fast and easy vegan dinner is sure to become a regular in your cooking repotoire. It's a great standard for easy vegan meal prep too!
- 2 Tbsps olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 3 medium carrots (sliced)
- 1 red pepper (sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 tbsp mild chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 cup vegetable stock (250 ml)
- Dice onion, mince garlic and set aside. Slice carrots and red pepper.
- Add oil to a large pot and heat on medium. Once heated add the onions, carrots and red pepper until onions are almost translucent.
- Add garlic and stir until fragrant, being careful not to burn it.
- Add the two cans of chopped tomatoes.
- Add the vegetable stock, stir and let boil for ten minutes or until all the vegetables are cooked.
- Add the black beans and chickpeas and continue to cook for a few minutes until they are heated.
- Serve alone or with rice or on a jacket potato and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 234
- Sugar: 11
- Sodium: 597
- Fat: 8
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 35
- Fiber: 11
- Protein: 9
Keywords: easy vegan dinner recipe, easy vegan dinners, easy vegan dinner recipes, easy vegan dinner recipes, easy vegan dinner recipe, easy vegan recipe lunch, easy vegan dinner idea
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment