My low-fat recipe for Healthy Lasagne Soup is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. This oil-free soup is more like a stew. It is the ultimate comfort food, and who doesn’t want comfort food this winter? It’s like getting a great big hug in a bowl, and your body will feel the love!
This healthy vegan recipe is full of nutrients to help your body feel amazing. The cheesy topping is so delicious that you won’t be missing the parmesan at all. Most vegans know you don’t need meat to have a delicious lasagna, and this dish definitely proves it by having all the flavours you would expect in a lasagna dish.
I hope you enjoy it as much as my family and friends do. As always, feel free to adjust the batch size if you want to cook extra for others or use this low-fat recipe for a meal prep idea. I like to put some in big Kilner jars to give to my favourite people.
I would recommend that you serve with fruit, such as chopped up oranges. You could also serve it with a simple green salad like the one here.
p.s.If you like this comfort food, you might also enjoy my Easy Vegan Chilli Recipe.
p.s.s. If you want to work with me privately, don’t forget to check out my coaching packages here.Print
Low Fat Recipe for Healthy Lasagne Soup
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
This low-fat recipe is the ultimate comfort food.
- 1 onion
- 6 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 cans tomatoes (crushed)
- 120 grams whole grain lasagne noodles (If you can't find these, substitute fast cooking white lasagna noodles)
- 1 courgette (quartered lengthwise & thinly sliced.)
- 2 tsp Italian herbs
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 cans cannellini beans
- 500 ml tomato sauce (aka Passata)
- 120 grams spinach (stemmed and chopped)
- 1 tsp sea salt (add more as needed)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (add more as needed)
FOR THE CHEESY TOPPING
- 1/3 cup cashews (unsalted and raw if possible)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1. In a medium pot, over medium heat, cook onions and garlic, occasionally stirring until onions start to turn translucent. Be careful not to burn the garlic. Add water 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time as needed to keep the vegetables from sticking.
- 2. Add crushed tomatoes, lasagna noodles, zucchini, Italian seasoning, oregano and 3 cups of water to aromatics. Increase heat to high, cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until lasagna noodles are nearly tender. Time will depend on that stated on the packet but it should be approximately 8-10 minutes.
- 3. Add cannellini beans, passata and spinach. Cook until soup is hot and spinach has wilted, (about 3 to 4 minutes). Taste and add more seasoning as desired.
Make Cheesy Topping
- 4. Meanwhile, in a food processor or Nutri-bullet, blend cashews, nutritional yeast and garlic powder until very fine.
- 5. Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle with the topping. Serve with fresh fruit of your choice.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Main Course, Soup
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Mediterranean
- Calories: 404
- Sugar: 9
- Sodium: 1742
- Fat: 6
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 75
- Fiber: 16
- Protein: 24
Keywords: low fat recipe, make in advance
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment